Anna M. Tudela,
Chair, Governance and Nominating Committee, Sabina Gold and Silver Corp.
Anna has been called “a dynamic and passionate leader, a champion for women at her organization and an inspiring role model for all leaders in the traditionally male-dominated mining industry…. who encourages other senior leaders at the company, including the CEO, to embrace diversity and inclusion.”
M&A – Public companies
- Worked on multibillion-dollar transactions in Canada, United States and South America. Most notable include the Newmont acquisition of Goldcorp Inc. (2019); Goldcorp acquisition of Glamis Gold Ltd. (2006); Goldcorp acquisition of the Canadian assets that Barrick Gold acquired from Placer Dome (2006); acquisition of Virginia Gold (2006); disposition of Chilean assets (2007); Inco acquisition of Diamond Fields Resources (1996) plus many other post acquisitions and dispositions.
- Over 30 years of experience working with public companies in the securities and corporate finance, responsible for compliance and securities filings requirements in both Canada and United States.
- Drove integration activities in the areas of human resources, diversity and inclusion and legal.
Corporate Secretary and board of directors
- Over 20 years of experience working with board of directors as Corporate Secretary of Goldcorp Inc.; Wheaton Precious Metals and Diamond Fields Resources Inc.
- Developed and implemented board guidelines and terms of reference for the board of directors and committees of the board.
- Advisor to the board of directors on cross culture issues and governance matters.
- An industry champion for board diversity.
Diversity and inclusion
- Designed and implemented a diversity and inclusion strategy for Goldcorp, resulting in the gold standard practice for the mining industry.
- Recognized by the Governance Professionals of Canada for enhancing board diversity across the industry.
- Founded the Creating Choices Program, unique in the global mining industry, which recognizes the value in nurturing a culture of diversity and inclusion within the organization and promoting the advancement of women.
- Certified Canadian Inclusion Professional – CCDI 2018
- UC Berkeley – Accelerating Change Readiness and Agility (2017)
- Accredited Director – ICSA 2016
- Business Administration – ESAN (1982)
- Psychology – UNIFE (1981)