Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, ISS A/S
Margot Slattery is Global Group Head of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at ISS World Services, headquartered in Denmark. She is passionate about helping global leading FM company ISS World Services to become renowned in this space, and to furthering this agenda inside and outside work.
As a member of different boards and NGOs, she helps advance the case for social and climate justice, and at ISS she is directing, implementing, and aligning integrated and dynamic diversity and inclusion initiatives spanning the dimensions of Cultures & Ethnicity, Abilities, Gender, Sexual Orientation/LGBTQ+ and Generations & Age. Margot continues to work tirelessly and with great heart to champion diverse abilities, equity, and opportunity, and is proud to be ISS World Services global representative with ‘The Valuable 500’ movement, which is tabling disability on board agendas.
Born to dairy farmers in Limerick County, Ireland, Margot started her career as a chef. She subsequently moved into management to pursue her potential, which saw her become CEO (2012), then Country President (2015) of Sodexo Ireland. She developed her experience in evolving workplace standards as Global Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer with Sodexo Group, and she was co-founder and signatory of Ireland’s first Diversity Charter.
Margot joined ISS World Services in May 2021 and lives with her wife Sarah in Co Dublin and Co Leitrim in Ireland. In her leisure time Margot enjoys eating out, meeting friends, watching rugby, learning golf, walking, reading and being part of the local community.
‘This is a tremendous time of change globally when companies greatly influence our shared future. ISS is a diverse organisation with a historic commitment to recognising and supporting all its people around the world. It is my professional responsibility, and personal mission, to build ever stronger and more cohesive ways of working securing genuine fairness, inclusion, equality and diversity.’
Margot’s longstanding commitment to I&D has earned her numerous accolades:
- All Ireland Business Forum global ambassador for outstanding contribution to promoting and developing Diversity & Inclusion standards in the workplace and society (2021)
- Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite from French Ambassador to Ireland for supporting Diversity & Inclusion and Women in Business (2019)
- Financial Times’ Top 100 list of OUTstanding LGBT Business Leaders (2015-18 inc)
- FM Leader of the Year, Facilities Management Awards Ireland (2018)
- Business Leaders Award, WXN 25 Most Powerful Women in Ireland Awards (2018)
- WXN Most Powerful Women in Ireland Trailblazer Award (2016)
- Listed in Female FTSE Board Report 2016 ‘100 Women to Watch’ (2016)
- Business Leaders Award, WXN 25 Most Powerful Women in Ireland Awards (2014)
- Winner of Woman of the Year, Women’s Shine Awards (2013)
- Image Business Professional of the Year (2013)
- Women Mean Business, Empowering Women Award (2013)
- A member of the Workplace Pride Council, Margot co-chaired the Irish NGO involved in the passing of the 2015 Marriage Equality Act in Ireland. In 2017 she married her Civil Partner of three years, Dr Sarah Barry.
Professional Experience/Career History
Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion, ISS World Services | May 2021 – present date
Margot is part of an exceptional team committed to maintaining, and expanding, its important responsibility and heritage of fairness, inclusion, equality, and diversity for approaching 400,000 ISS employees worldwide.
Global Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Sodexo | Sep 2019 – May 2021
Margot provided global strategic direction, implementation and alignment of Sodexo’s Diversity and Inclusion initiatives for 470,000 people spanning 67 countries across EMEA, the Americas and APAC regions.
Country President, Sodexo | Sept 2016 – Sep 2019
Margot was the founding Chair of Sodexo Women Network for UK & Ireland, and LGBT workstream lead. She played a key role in Sodexo Ireland winning prestigious awards such as the Business All-Star Irish Global Multinational and Best French Company in Ireland.
CEO Sodexo Ireland Northern Ireland | Sept 2012 to August 2016
Managing a 150Million turnover business with 4000 strong work force in Ireland, Margot continued to build and expand Sodexo’s business in ROI and Northern Ireland.
Various management roles, Sodexo | Jan 2006 – August 2012
As a senior manager, Margot held various progressive roles including site General Manager, Operations Manager, Account Director, GLOBAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Managing Director – Ireland & Northern Ireland.
Management trainee, Sodexo | 1991 – 2006
Education & Development
Dip Corporate Governance IOD | 2018 – 2021
Irish Management Institute: 2013 – 2015
MSc Management Practice UCC
Irish Management Institute: 2007 – 2008
Senior Executive Programme
Dublin Institute of Technology: 1991 – 1994
Hotel and Catering Management
College of Catering, Galway: 1986 – 1988
City & Guilds
Agnes K Y Tai
Head of Sustainability Investment and Advisory at Arta Asset Management Limited; Director at GGIC
Partner, ESG, Independent Point Advisors, Former Ey Sustainability Practice Leader